Application process for the 2019 REU program to open on November 12, 2018.
A current program flyer can be found here.
Benefits of the NASCENT REU Program
- Gain hands-on research experience in the cutting edge field of nanotechnology
- Be mentored by a faculty member
- Join a team of researchers and scientists
- Participate in prof. development workshops
- Produce results and present your research
- Prepare for your future!
Potential Research Topics
- Graphene and 2D Materials
- Flexible Nanoelectronics
- $4500 Stipend, housing provided, travel allowance, social activities
Application Requirements (online)
In order to apply you must complete an online application form (item 1 below). You are also required to submit the additional materials using the box upload widget at the bottom of the page.
* – files to upload using widget below
- Online Application/Student Information Form
- *Statement of Purpose
- *One Letter of Recommendation (from Faculty member)
- *Copy of Academic Transcript
- *Proof of Insurance (before start date)
- Sophomore, Junior, or non-graduating Senior
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- GPA of 3.0 or greater (out of 4.0).
- Non-UT Austin, non-NASCENT-affiliated students
We will begin accepting applications for the 2019 program on November 12, 2018. Application period to close on February 1, 2019.
If you have questions about the application process or the program, please contact Risa Hartman at: