Benefits of the NASCENT REU Program
- Gain hands-on research experience in the cutting edge field of nanotechnology
- Be mentored by a faculty member
- Join a team of researchers and scientists
- Participate in prof. development workshops
- Produce results and present your research
- Prepare for your future!
Potential Research Topics
- Graphene and 2D Materials
- Flexible Nanoelectronics
- $4000 Stipend, housing provided, travel allowance, social activities#
#Health conditions due to COVID-19 will be monitored closely and this program may be run virtually.
Application Requirements (online)
In order to apply you must complete an online application form (item 1 below). You are also required to submit the additional materials using the box upload widget below.
- Online Application/Student Information Form
- *Statement of Purpose
- *One Letter of Recommendation (from Faculty member)
- *Copy of Academic Transcript
- *Proof of Insurance (before start date)
* – files to upload using widget below
Please ensure that each of your files is identifieable by using the following file name formats: Last name, first name | Statement of Purpose; Last name, first name | Recommendation Letter; Last name, first name | Transcript
- Sophomore, Junior, or non-graduating Senior
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- GPA of 3.0 or greater (out of 4.0).
- Non-UT Austin, non-NASCENT-affiliated students
The application period will open November 9, 2020 and close on February 8, 2021
If you have questions about the application process or the program, please contact Risa Hartman at: