Benefits of the NASCENT REU Program
- Gain hands-on research experience in the cutting edge field of nanotechnology
- Be mentored by a faculty member
- Join a team of researchers and scientists
- Participate in prof. development workshops
- Produce results and present your research
- Prepare for your future!
Potential Research Topics
- Graphene and 2D Materials
- Flexible Nanoelectronics
- $4500 Stipend, housing provided, travel allowance, social activities
Application Requirements (online)
In order to apply you must complete an online application form (item 1 below). You are also required to submit the additional materials using the box upload widget below.
- Online Application/Student Information Form
- *Statement of Purpose
- *One Letter of Recommendation (from Faculty member)
- *Copy of Academic Transcript
- *Proof of Insurance (before start date)
* – files to upload using widget below
Please ensure that each of your files is identifieable by using the following file name formats: Last name, first name | Statement of Purpose; Last name, first name | Recommendation Letter; Last name, first name | Transcript
- Sophomore, Junior, or non-graduating Senior
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- GPA of 3.0 or greater (out of 4.0).
- Non-UT Austin, non-NASCENT-affiliated students
Applications period is closed. Please look for a 2020 program announcement come spring of 2020.
If you have questions about the application process or the program, please contact Risa Hartman at: